The Fashion in That ’70s Show

Samantha Brant, News Editor

The Fashion in That ’70s Show

Samantha Brant ’19, News Editor

That ’70s Show is a television series filmed in the late 1990s and early 2000s starring Mila Kunis, Danny Masterson, Laura Prepon, Wilmer Valderrama, Ashton Kutcher, andTopher Grace. Set in the 1970s, these six actors and actresses play six high school – and later college – students who mostly hang out in Eric’s (Grace) basement. They spend their time talking about schoolwork, the future, and girls, sitting around and watching tv, and of course, they are always wearing iconic ’70s style outfits.

Each character has their own style, and each style matches their distinct personalities. First, Steven Hyde (Masterson). Hyde is known for his mysterious and aloof attitude and is always dressed in faded band t-shirts, jeans, and old army boots; he always wears sunglasses, even inside. You can always find Fez (Valderrama), the foreign exchange student, wearing outlandish button-down shirts and colorful tight pants. Eric Forman (Grace) dresses like a classic ’70s nerd: he has a daily look of rugby shirts and khaki pants. Jackie (Kunis) and Donna (Prepon), the two main girls in the show, have very different styles. Jackie – the richest of the group – is always dressed in the latest fashion, which includes long dresses in bright colors and patterns, fuzzy sweaters, and fun skirts. Donna prefers to wear solid colors sweaters or long-sleeved shirts and khakis or jeans.

Each of these characters has a unique identity and their preferred clothing style highlights that personality perfectly. Just watch the show to see!

Photo source: https://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/That-70s-show-800×400.jpg